On Thursday, January 3rd, 2013 at 18 weeks and 2 days along in our first pregnancy, Eric & I had the doctor's appointment we have been anticipating since we saw those 2 lines on the pregnancy test. We had the sonogram that revealed that our sweet little baby growing in my womb is a GIRL!
The night before was like going to bed on Christmas Eve as a child. I was so excited, it was hard to go to sleep! And you better believe Eric & I both got up as soon as that alarm went off the next morning! We were ready to find out, to know at last! I kept finding myself squealing with glee as we headed to the doctor's office. We arrived a few minutes early and took care of the new year's insurance update with the receptionist. And after waiting for a few more minutes (though it seemed like ages), they took us back!
As soon as the sonogram transducer touched my tummy, we saw our little baby's heart beating strongly! The sonographer began measuring the baby's anatomy. We saw the stomach, kidneys, brain, spine, bladder, arms, and legs. And then it was time for the big reveal. I've looked at so many sonogram pictures online that I thought I would for sure be able to tell at first sight, but I honestly couldn't tell until the lady announced that we're having a girl! haha! Yay! What joy!
Eric & I both had dreams that we were having a girl and closing in on that 18 week mark, I started really feeling like our baby was a girl. So, it was amazing to know we were right! :)
After all the measurements had been taken, the sonographer allowed Eric to video a short clip of our little girl moving around. She was rubbing her face with her sweet little hand and then she stretched her legs straight out! I was surprised that I couldn't feel that and since I've been feeling her move more and more, it makes me realize that when I do feel her move, she must be really packing a punch!
No comments:
Post a Comment