01 January 2013

Happy New Year! Happy Life!

So, Eric & I are expecting our first child! We're so excited that we get to find out (Lord willing & with cooperation from our little one) if we'll have a little girl or a little boy on this Thursday, Jan 3rd!

One of my goals for the New Year is to journal at least once a week. I used to journal all the time and in the past few years, I've just let it go. That makes me sad because I love looking back at what was meaningful to me at different times in my life and seeing God's hand in it. I want to start back to writing things down as a testimony of the faithfulness of God in my life. So, hopefully an increase in blog-posts will accompany my goal!

I'm excited about this new year! Our lives our going to change completely this year as we welcome our new little addition due June 4th. And other new things are in the works in preparation for our sweet little baby (or LB as nick-named by my sister-in-law Erin). Just in the past 6 months, God provided a promotion and significant raise for me in my job. Eric began a full-time job with excellent pay and was able to transition out of 2 part-time jobs. God is taking care of this baby! We've been able to start putting back money into savings and start to chip away at our mountain of debt to improve our credit. Our immediate goals are to buy a house and a 2nd vehicle - both which seemed so far out of reach just 6 months ago, but now seem more tangible. 

I just feel so blessed and happy in this stage of my life and so thankful that God has such a bright future awaiting our little growing family.

The Lord has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy. Psalm 126:3 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment