04 September 2011

Ready for a New Season

Usually when I feel myself getting restless and get the sense of being "too comfortable" where I'm at, I keep my eyes and ears open for what the next season of life will be for me. In the past, this usually means desiring a change in location and career. We've been living in Atlanta for almost 6 months now and rather than finding myself ready to pick up and move again or change jobs, I find myself excited about engaging on a deeper level with people we've gotten connected with since the move.

We've been involved in lots of exciting things and met so many people, but I desire to be more than an acquaintance. I want to learn how to be a true friend. God has put some amazing Godly ladies in my life and I'm so thankful for how those relationships have given me such encouragement in my walk with the Lord and even in my marriage. This past week, a friend of mine met together for coffee and from that grew a God-given connection. We spontaneously decided to start meeting once a week to talk and pray for each other. We've begun to read the book "The Power of a Praying Wife" by Stormie Omartian and to really focus on being intentional with our individual relationships with God as well as our husbands. After over 2 years of marriage, I feel like Eric & I are still just beginning to learn about each other's needs, perspective, and even our life goals. How important it is to be intentional about asking the Lord to grow me into the wife He has called me to be! I want to be an uplifting support and encouragement to my husband rather than a nagging, critical voice. I want to be a wife who enables my husband to become who He is called to be rather than point out weaknesses- which only crushes him. So I'm excited about what God is going to do and is already doing in me!

No comments:

Post a Comment