08 December 2009

Encouraging Words & Prayer Needs

As the end of this year approaches, my mind has been turned toward the book of James. So, here are a few verses....

"Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have its perfect result, so that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing." James 1:2-4

I have no doubt that God knows what He is doing with us here- even though I don't see it very often. I do want to ask you to pray for a few specific needs that have moved to the forefront of my mind to pray for. But first I want to praise God for providing for us in an awesome way within the past week. We literally had no money left to pay for our bills this month, much less pay for food or even think about Christmas gifts & God totally blessed us through some family members financially! God is awesome!

Prayer needs:
>God's direction for our future
>Continued financial provision
>Spiritual warfare- I'll try to keep this short, but it seems that occasionally (mostly while I've been overseas in various countries), there are times when I feel the spiritual warfare so heavily around me. Yesterday, I came in contact with several people who have disabilities. My first reaction was a hint of fear and then I recognized that the disabilities they have is something spiritual. Last night I woke up in fear 2 times with night mares of someone trying to kill me and the people I love. I have no doubt it has to do with the 2 encounters with the people that I had. Please pray for this. I really don't know what else to say about it or what to tell you about how to pray.
>Soojood & Rakhaf- 2 little girls in the village we teach in who are mute. They are in the kindergarten classes, so we don't teach them. They are about 3 & 4 years old. Their names mean "worship" and "blade" in Arabic (I have no idea if I spelled their names correctly, that's just how it sounded to me). I saw them yesterday when we were in the village (this was one of the two encounters I had with disabled people- the other was with a young boy who was severely retarded). I just feel like it's a spiritual thing & that God can set them free to be able to speak. One of the girls threw a tantrum and finally after I settled her down and held her while sitting in the floor with her, I began to pray for her & when I said the name of Jesus out loud, there was definitely a reaction that I can't really explain. Please pray for their deliverance!

Thank you for all of your prayers and support. Without people like you praying for us and giving financially, certainly the Kingdom of God could not be so tangible to us. We are thankful for you all & love you all so much!

Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment