23 March 2015

1 Year Ago

I can't help but feel sad today. This time last year, I had just taken a home pregnancy test and found out that we were expecting our 2nd child. March 23rd was a day of excitement and hope and joy. But the joy didn't last long. Just 3 weeks and 5 days later I would miscarry our child at home and see his little, lifeless, barely formed, bean-shaped body there in my hands. It was horrifying and devastating. My little Emmanuel would never experience life beyond his short time in my womb. So, I'm not quite sure how to deal with today and the coming weeks as I think back on Emmanuel's death. This time last year I was only 6 weeks pregnant and this year I'm about 6 weeks away from birthing a new life, a little boy who I am so thankful to have carried so far with no complications. It's surreal to think that this little one wouldn't have existed had Emmanuel survived. I don't know what to do with that. I just know that I wouldn't have made it through the loss of Emmanuel without God holding me and strengthening me. So for that reason, I'll keep holding onto God to sustain me continually. I've heard the song below quite a few times, but I've somehow missed the first verse until Friday night at my church. It was as if God was bringing the words to my attention to remind me that He is with me.

********************

Sovereign Over Us By Michael W. Smith

  • There is strength within the sorrow
    There is beauty in our tears
    And You meet us in our mourning
    With a love that casts out fear
    You are working in our waiting
    You're sanctifying us
    When beyond our understanding
    You're teaching us to trust
  • Your plans are still to prosper
    You have not forgotten us
    You're with us in the fire and the flood
    You're faithful forever
    Perfect in love
    You are sovereign over us
  • You are wisdom unimagined
    Who could understand Your ways
    Reigning high above the Heavens
    Reaching down in endless grace
    You're the lifter of the lowly
    Compassionate and kind
    You surround and You uphold me
    And Your promises are my delight
  • Your plans are still to prosper
    You have not forgotten us
    You're with us in the fire and the flood
    You're faithful forever
    Perfect in love
    You are sovereign over us
  • Even what the enemy means for evil
    You turn it for our good
    You turn it for our good and for Your glory
    Even in the valley, You are faithful
    You're working for our good
    You're working for our good and for Your glory
  • Your plans are still to prosper
    You have not forgotten us
    You're with us in the fire and the flood
    You're faithful forever
    Perfect in love
    You are sovereign over us
  • You're faithful forever
    Perfect in love
    You are sovereign over us
Songwriters: AARON KEYES, BRYAN BROWN, JACK MOORING

No comments:

Post a Comment