19 May 2013

37 Weeks, 5 Days

37 Weeks, 5 Days


Wow, I can't believe we're just a little over 2 weeks away from Ruby's due date! So far, I haven't been showing much sign of labor starting. I've had a few Braxton Hicks contractions here and there, but nothing serious or intense.

We had our last appointment on Friday and the midwife found that I was measuring a bit small so she sent us over to the ultrasound tech to take some measurements of Ruby. Any concern was quickly refuted as they calculated from the measurements of her head, abdomen, and femur that she may be about 7 lbs 4 oz at this point, putting her in the 65th percentile for babies at 37 weeks! This calculation could be overestimated by a pound or more, but we clearly have no need to worry about this healthy little girl! My fluids were on the low side of the normal range, so I'll just continue to guzzle water. I was actually down 2 pounds from my 36 week appointment, but I attribute that to how much water I was retaining at 36 weeks - my feet & ankles were so swollen!

We've been in our new house for 3 weeks now and much progress has been made! Ruby's room was the first to get organized and other than getting some things put up on the walls, it's set up! Here are a few pictures of her sweet room:






No comments:

Post a Comment