| 31 Weeks - this picture was taken in front of the leasing office at our apartment complex |
Here are the latest stats and upcoming happenings:
- They gave me the TDaP vaccination (a new requirement by the CDC for expectant moms to prevent Whooping Cough)
- Baby Ruby is estimated to be about 3 lbs now and is right on track with growth
- And it's just not fair that I've gained 31 lbs so far and the baby is only 3 lbs of that! :(
- So far, no stretch marks!
- Ruby was laying sideways during the visit with her head to my left - I feel like this is the position she is in most of the time and I hope she figures out how to go head-first in the coming weeks
- We now have 17 cloth diapers and need at least that many more
- Childbirthing classes begin for us at 10am on Saturday, April 6th and will continue each Saturday morning for the next 8 weeks! We're really excited to be joining a class led by Erin's priest's wife at her church Advent Anglican.
Last week I became very upset at work from all the inconsiderate comments that were coming my way on a daily basis - "Wow, you've just exploded in the past few weeks!"; "I bet you'll have a 10-pounder!"; "Oh, look how big you've gotten!"; and my least favorite "We're going to have to get you a bigger desk!" Yep, every day another co-worker would say something they thought was cute and every time I would express to them that it was inappropriate for them to say those things, but yet it still continued until one day it was the last straw. I responded with, "I don't appreciate that" and hurried to the bathroom to avoid being seen breaking down into the ugly cry. I took a walk and called Eric as the tears just kept coming. My sweet husband consoled me and suggested I talk to my boss to see if he would send out a memo to my department asking everyone to be a little more sensitive since it had reached a point where multiple people were hurting my feelings every day and I just wanted to hide in a hole. So my boss agreed and this is what was sent out:
Good morning! Please accept this message with open minds and understanding. When contemplating how to send this message I decided to google the topic and sure enough there are 8 things you never say to a pregnant co-worker! Please be mindful and use a gentle approach when admiring the little one in Kayla's belly. Make it a great day! Link: http://excelle.monster.com/benefits/articles/1127-8-things-you-should-never-say-to-a-pregnant-co-worker?page=1
Brilliant! I was overjoyed when I read this email - I would not have been so kind if I had written the email myself, so I am very thankful I didn't choose that option! By the end of the day, I had received an apology from one and several co-workers came by to offer sympathetic words of comfort. Some ladies aren't talking to me at all now (maybe they're scared to say anything now), but at least they're not saying mean things to me anymore!
So glad you're boss was so understanding! Sounds like it all worked out. You can imagine how forward Arabs are during those last months of pregnancy, and they don't hold back on the "fat" word either. You look beautiful.
ReplyDelete8. Don’t ask if you can touch a pregnant belly. By doing so, you’ve put the woman in a position that if she doesn’t say “yes” you think she’s being rude. But really, would you go around the office feeling your coworkers’ bellies? No. If she’s open to it, she’ll let you know.
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh, THIS ONE DEFINITELY APPLIES. People touch my stomach all the time! It's different when I know them on a personal level, but there are so many coworkers that believe I'm a hands-on petting zoo of some sort. It's such an invasion of comfort and normalcy! These are definitely great rules. I wish people had some courtesy to consider these for all women, pregnant or not.
I am glad to see that your pregnancy is going well, and it is wonderful news to see a great update on little Ruby! Much love!
-Serah (and Luke)