15 March 2013

28 weeks, 3 days


I can't believe we'll get to meet our little Ruby in just 11 1/2 weeks (or, you know, whenever she decides to be born)!!! I can't wait to see what she looks like and learn her little personality and see her little eyes looking up into my eyes as I hold her!

I keep finding myself daydreaming about...
     what color her hair will be (if she has any - I was bald for the first couple years of my life!)
     what color her eyes will be
     if she'll be as active outside the womb as she is now
     how long she'll be & how much she'll weigh at birth
     if she'll be a happy baby
     if she'll like her parents :)

So far, the pregnancy has gone very well! 
     The first trimester consisted of a lack of appetite & being tired.
     The second trimester was glorious! My appetite returned along with lots of energy!
     The third trimester has brought on a few new experiences - heartburn started this week, my body
          gets tired and achy in the evenings, my legs swell a little, and sometimes Ruby's kicks hurt!

All these things aside, I thank God for this little blessing who will call me Mama! I've never felt more important as I do during this time as my little one is growing and developing inside of me. As we prepare for and await her arrival, I can't help but think of my own parents and how almost 30 years ago they were anxiously awaiting my entrance into their lives! God truly blessed humanity with the experience of procreation and I am so thankful He has allowed me to experience this little miracle growing inside me!

So here are a few stats at 28 weeks, 3 days...
  • The books say baby girl weighs in at around 2 1/2 lbs & probably about 15 inches in length
  • She has learned to blink this week
  • Mama's belly has grown a total of 7 inches!!!
  • Total weight gain so far is.... 22 lbs! (Yikes!)
  • I'm finally going to start registering for baby items this weekend to get ready for the April showers... Baby showers, that is ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment