11 September 2009

The first few weeks... All Glory is God's!

Getting here seemed easy. When we had enough money, we bought our plane tickets & when the time came, we flew across the Atlantic Ocean to Jerusalem. As I reflect on the past few weeks, it seems that God has done extraordinary things in us that could have never been expected other than the expectation that God seems to ALWAYS do the unexpected. :) Holding fast to the Word God gave us over the summer concerning how to give over to God the anxieties we'll be attacked with by the enemy, anxieties ensued as forewarned. Finances... teaching involvements.... relationships... jet lag... readjusting to life here... you name it, anxiety hit me hard with it. At one point I told Eric, "I just want to go home." *Sigh* Oh, how silly it all seems now- now that God has revived me & restored my heart to a right perspective of Him. He takes care of us no matter how that has to happen. He's working all things toward our good. He has plans to bypass every dissolved "plan" we thought we had for this upcoming year. He is IN THE BUSINESS of healing & restoring relationships & growing them together by His Spirit. Jet lag eventually passes. He instills our entire being with flexibility to adjust back to life here. And on and on and on, He doesn't relent in seeing to every detail that presents itself & then some. Can I just say that God is absolutely, positively, the most Constant & Powerful & Mighty One! Whose lovingkindness sweeps through us over & over & over like a cool, refreshing breeze! Whose compassion & faithfulness stretches to every length imaginable! Wow, what an awesome God! That's MY GOD! He loves me! I'm in awe and thrilled to be walking with Him.
Salam

No comments:

Post a Comment